Welcome to Dalton
Dalton & Whitfield County, Georgia - home to entrepreneurs, mature industries and Fortune 500 companies. We'd like to be your home, too.
Dalton and Whitfield County in Northwest Georgia is a prime location for business expansion, relocation and economic development. Located in Auto Alley on Interstate 75 and just 25 miles south of Chattanooga and 85 miles north of Atlanta, the area is within a day's drive of half the country's population. The Carpet and Floor Covering Industry is a 21st century innovator in cutting edge technology, applied science, global marketing and services, resulting in new high tech products and patents.
This website is designed as an information source for doing business in Dalton and Whitfield County, Georgia. Find the latest up-to-date information for site selectors, or for existing Dalton businesses to use in their retention and expansion efforts. With our laidback lifestyle and business-friendly attitude, discover why Dalton is both a great place to live and grow your business.
Business Advantages of Dalton
- Innovation headquarters for the floor covering, chemical and plastic industries
- Over 1.4 million labor force within 60 miles
- Third largest manufacturing community per capita in Georgia
- Less than 30 miles to new Chattanooga Volkswagen plant
- Carbondale Business Park located at I-75 exit 326
- Featuring high-speed connectivity with all-fiber network
- Concentration of green technology including solar and recycling
If you would like additional information on the Dalton area, contact our Joint Development Authority and we'll be pleased to provide you with detailed site selection information and economic development data. Contact Carl Campbell at
or call 706-712-0958.
This magazine is full of area economic development, business climate and quality of life information. View it online.